Sunday, August 18, 2013

Curious

Joelle asked for word blocks this month.  I chose the word "curious."  After Kris was nice enough to write about her challenge with keeping her block within the size parameters that Joelle desired, I knew I needed to pay attention to that.

Rather than carefully plot and plan, I chose to make letters and figure out later whether I was making an 18.5" or a 12.5" block.  18.5" won.

The block currently is a bit larger than it needs to be but figured that Joelle could complete the final trim.  She has about a half inch from top to bottom and a few inches on either side.  The "s" slightly irritates me, but it also looks fine as is.  And I tested this with the resident 6 year old to make sure she could read what it said.  No hesitation for her to read what it said so I count that as successful.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, it's a beauty...I really like the "r"!! and thanks for making me feel better about the challenge of the sizing :) I planned it out and I still struggled with the envelope...guess I just like big letters, lol! What color is your background? It should look really great with my kona schoolbus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's a beauty...I really like the "r"!! and thanks for making me feel better about the challenge of the sizing :) I planned it out and I still struggled with the envelope...guess I just like big letters, lol! What color is your background? It should look really great with my kona schoolbus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great and is totally impressive that the resident 6 yr old can read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really great! I've been wanting to do a word-based quilt for awhile. I guess it is time to add yet another quilt to the list.

    ReplyDelete