Saturday, November 22, 2014

Birthday Cakes


Last weekend I finished quilting and binding both Birthday Cake quilts.  Both of them (and the plus quilt) should be delivered this week to Children's Hospital through Katie's Comforters Guild.  Usually my sister drops them off when she is there for appointments, but we'll be up this time around and it will be my first time dropping them off.







     Both quilts are backed with flannel leftover from other projects.  Flannel is usually my go to backing for quilts so it almost seems strange when I choose to bind a project in plain quilting cotton.  The pattern was pretty simple and I was grateful for the opportunity to trim blocks down to size.  I wish I had reversed the stripe orientation on the pink quilt so it would seem brighter but it works reasonably well.  

Birthday Cake quilts
Fabric: Tula Pink's Acacia and Birds and the Bees
Size:  Approximately 46x46"
Quilted with loops by me



No comments:

Post a Comment