Sunday, November 30, 2014

Riley Blake scraps

 Scraps from the Flying Darts guild project (and the extras from the MQG Riley Blake Challenge) needed to be put to good use.  This weekend, I assembled the geese into a quilt top and added a few larger geese just for fun.  The background fabric mostly came from my bag of white scraps that I pieced together.  Other than the larger geese (and all the white I used to make the small geese), I did not need to cut additional white for the layout.  That makes me happy.

 The binding is from Peacock Lane and was the closest I could get to a match of the color for the yellow dots.  The 7 year old color consultant chose yellow for the binding.  Quilting simply is a functional meandering stitch.


 The back uses just a few of the larger pieces and a Dear Stella print that I had in a reasonable quantity.  This quilt will also end up at Seattle Children's in a few weeks through Katie's Comforters Guild.

     This one has been staring at me for a few weeks.  The geese have been living in a bag since May.  I am perfectly happy that most of the scraps are nearly gone and I can move beyond them.  They are no longer staring at me whispering that I should really make them into something.  I really have been feeling like I have too many projects going on and not managing to accomplish anything because I don't know which one to start working on again.

Fabrics:  Riley Blake Modern Quilt Guild Challenge Fabrics and Kona White
Size 41 x 47"
Quilted by me with a meandering stitch
Binding by machine with Peacock Lane Falling Leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment