Not too long ago, I was impressed by a design made by Michelle Wilkie (Factotum of Arts) as part of the Quilt Design a Day project. Specifically the plus quilt week on this post QDAD week 13. I loved the simplicity of the design and the negative space. Knowing that I had a plethora of blue 5 inch squares cut to make a HST blue quilt, I chose to sacrifice some of those squares to make this quilt.
I quilted it with the standard, negative space and row filling wishbone design. Usually I try to quilt in only one direction as it is faster for me that way, but this time I quilted both right to left and left to right. Although it may seem insignificant, when I've tried that previously, I usually mess up going the opposite direction.
The backing fabric was Premier Lord Daisy Turquoise by Dan Bennett. This quilt, and the two birthday cake quilts, will go to Seattle Children's at the end of the month (as long as I get the other two quilted and bound) donated through Katie's Comforters Guild.
Blue Plus Quilt
Designed by Michelle Wilkie @ Factotum of Arts
Fabric: Kona Pacific, Alegria, Ocean and three other blue fabrics
Binding: Kona Alegria
Backing: Premier Lord Daisy Turquoise
Quilting: wishbone rows by me
Approximately 54" x 60"
Beautiful quilting :)
ReplyDeleteYou have been a busy lady.. I like it..Enjoy your day off!
ReplyDelete