With the crafting space being in the middle of a family room and home to two kids with active imaginations, an interlocking quilt design is not the most practical. The squares on the floor became a hopscotch game (the three year old ran through the open spaces and called it hopscotch) or a river to jump across by the seven year old. It also is their play space and where most of their toys live so I really shouldn't get upset.
Somewhere in a fabric bin are a bunch of blue squares from the same lines cut to make a plus quilt using leftovers from my dad's quilt in 2012. It didn't really take too long to piece this one, perhaps I should do that next weekend. Nope, I should be finishing a quilt for a co-worker that's been basted for two weeks. Or basting and quilting the three tops from the weekend. Or making boy quilts for two other co-workers to give post delivery....oops.
If works in progress only count quilts that having some sewing done, here's my list:
Basted:
Pam's quilt
Finished tops:
Pink Plus
Birthday Cake 1
Birthday Cake 2
Piecing:
Blue half square triangle
Purple Crazy Piecing
Blue hourglasses
Wonder if I can quilt four quilts in a two day weekend....
This is a beauty too, good example of letting the fabric do the work. If the kids were playing on it I think that demonstrates that this is a great quilt...if it sparks their imagination, that is success.
ReplyDelete